The optimization for virtual stores, popularly known as SEO technique, is the main resource capable of bringing organic traffic to your Ecommerce. Because it is a long-term action, many e-commerce entrepreneurs still think immaturely and insist on ignoring the SEO of their ecommerce. Making such bad decisions, it’s no surprise that most of them break down so fast. Don’t fall into the same mistake of ignoring your online store’s SEO. Choose the best ecommerce platforms and invest in SEO to get the result what you deserve.
You can define SEO as a set of strategies used to improve the position of pages on your site in Google searches. First of all, because it will give you incredible power in a while. SEO techniques for ecommerce are the only means you have to depend on less of advertisements and sponsored links on social networks. Keep reading and find out all about Search Engine Optimization for online stores.
What is the purpose of SEO techniques?
The goal of SEO techniques is to improve the position of your pages on Google, thereby increasing the number of times you are viewed and clicked organically. Let’s say you have a virtual store for men’s accessories. Wouldn’t it be nice if users found you on the first page of Google whenever they searched for “original men’s leather bracelets”? Well, the good news is that this is completely possible to do.
First of all, SEO is a job that takes 6 months to 2 years to bring good results. On the other hand, if you don’t start working on your SEO today, 1 or 2 years from now you will still have zero organic traffic, because Google simply won’t be able to identify your pages as relevant to the public. Digital marketing strategies, such as campaigns on Facebook and Google, will always be very relevant. Paid traffic and organic traffic are complementary things.
SEO for Ecommerce: First Steps
The first thing to be said about SEO is that each page of your online store must be facing a different keyword. That is: each category and each product needs to be optimized individually. Well, it is important to say that your brand name and the chosen domain are already very relevant to your SEO work. It is all about doing a job well done. To start working on your website SEO, access your platform’s administrative panel and go to the first product to be optimized. There, you can find 3 important fields: title, description and URL.
- Title: the title must contain the keyword to be worked on, be interesting, explanatory and have up to 70 characters.
- Description: the description must also contain the keyword and it is very important that you write something nice there, that creates desire in those who are reading. It must have a maximum of 155 characters.
- URL: the URL must always be friendly, short and contain the same keyword worked in the rest of the page. Now it is time to repeat the operation for all products, categories and brands.
Finding real relevant keywords for your business
Before choosing the ideal keyword for each product or category on your site, it is important that a quick search is done in order to try to understand how consumers are searching for these products on Google. Let’s say you have a virtual store for rock band t-shirts and accessories. Did you know that the term “Metallica shirts” is 3 times more searched on Google than “All Metallica shirt”?
All segments have these variations, and it is important that you stay tuned in the details. A plural, a different adverb, a grammatical error, everything makes a difference. The secret is to use the same keywords that your customers and potential customers are using. To discover information about keywords, the ideal free tool is the Google Keyword Planner itself. This platform will do wonders for your company’s SEO planning. Optimize a few pages every week, don’t try to do everything at once. The important is not to give up.
SEO for online stores: extra features
Now that you’ve seen a little more about how to make your online store optimized for Google searches, let’s talk here about some features that can add a plus to your SEO:
- Images – When uploading a product image, name the file with the chosen keyword for the page where it will appear. By doing this you will be able to be found more often by Google Images, which is the Google tab where users search for the most popular images in their search.
- Google Search Console – Another good idea for any entrepreneur interested in SEO is to integrate their website with Google Search Console. The purpose of this platform is to understand how Google is reading your site, whether there are crawl failures, timely keywords, etc.
- Blog – And, lastly, a very interesting strategy to improve the ranking of your pages is to bet on a blog. About 82% of the companies that post daily have already reached customers through this channel. While so-called content marketing makes more sense for some businesses than others, it can be applied in most ecommerce segments. By creating relevant content for your audience, you generate brand identification, authority in your market, traffic to the site, engagement, shares, etc. In the medium and long term this is great. However, be sure that you have enough time to dedicate to this project. Because, the blog is still far from being a fundamental resource for the success of your business.
Now, some of you may still ask that why do you need SEO for ecommerce? Is not choosing a good ecommerce platform is enough? The answer is NO. Indeed, you must choose the best platform to make your ecommerce website. But, think, what is the meaning of having an attractive ecommerce website if it is not generating a profound amount of sale? To make sell, the ecommerce website not only must be attractive, full of details, responsive, secure, etc., but also, it must reach to the people beyond the boundary. Choose the ecommerce website builder accordingly.